8.02.2011

Images of Labsky (Pradipta Kartika Kirana)

Hey guys! What's up? Just so you know, the aim of this report is to present what is popular in Labschool Kebayoran. I interviewed some of my classmates about music. I asked them 5 questions about genre, band, solo singer and songs.

  • Genre
    First of all I'm going to tell you what is genre. Genre is the term for any category of literature or other forms of art or culture, e.g. music, and in general, any type of discourse, whether written or spoken, audial or visual, based on some set of stylistic criteria. 
    40% of my friends chose Pop as their favorite genre, but each one of them have their own favorite genre such as RnB, Rock and Techno. I personally will choose Pop and RnB as my favorite genre.

  • Band
       The majority of people answered a different answer bacause there are so many bands out there and they have their own favorite. Their favorite bands are Girls Generation, Daftpunk, Gugun Blues Shelter, Panic! At the Disco and All Time Low.  The most of bands that I've wrote are the western bands, but two of my friends chose Girls Generation that originally from Korea and Gugun Blues Shelter from Indonesia as their favorite bands. It means, good bands aren't only from western, but Asians and other regions also have a good-quality bands! 

All Time Low


Girls Generation



  • Solo Singer
        Same like the others, my friends have their own answer for their favorite solo singer. They chose Taylor Swift the American country-singer, Sky Ferreira, David Cook the American singer who rose to fame after winning the 7th season of American Idol, the teenage darling and Bieber's date Selena Gomez and Adele. 
Taylor Swift
Selena Gomez

  • Songs
         This time, I asked my friends about their top 3 favorite songs. Some of them are really confused because she loves so many songs, but she said she probably love to listen to K-Pop (Koreans Pop). Their favorite songs are Gone Away - Bag Raiders, Happy Dre - Sky Ferreira, Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga, Set My Soul On Fire, Talking To The Moon - Bruno Mars, Hysteria, Ready To Go - Panic! At The Disco, Round and Round - Selena Gomez, E.T - Katy Perry. Among my friends, chose American songs. None of them chose Indonesian songs. So pathetic.

To conclude, Labsky students are probably prefer Western songs than Indonesian because some of them said that the lyric and the quality of western music is way better than the Indonesian music.


That's all! Happy fasting, ramadhan mubarak! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment